I’m sure many of you are familiar of the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. It’s been one of the most famous yet affordable face masks you can find at your local drugstore or at Amazon. Since I am living in the Philippines, I got mine at Shopee. You can also get it at Healthy Options branches nationwide. I will leave a link below to where you can purchase it.
This product is made of 100% Calcium Bentonite clay. I’m no expert at Science or dermatology so I did a quick research about Calcium Bentonite clay and how is it good for the skin. Here are the reasons why having calcium bentonite clay as face mask is a must-try based on an article from naturallivingideas.com:
- It helps unclog pores and reduce its appearance.
- Helps control sebum production.
- Draws out toxin from the skin.
- Helps make skin smoother and softer.
- It helps exfoliate dead skin cells.
- Helps reduce the appearance of scars.
- Safe for all skin types.
- Helps regenerate skin tissue.
- Evens out skin tone.
The instruction says to mix Clay with equal parts of apple cider vinegar or water. I’ve been using water and it works just fine. Stir the mixture until it turns into a smooth paste. You should also use non-metal utensils when mixing this product. Apply 1/8 to ¼ inch of the paste to your face or on other areas and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
You will start to notice a pulsating feeling around the 15th to 20th minute. Your skin will then feel itchy. Don’t worry about that because that’s normal and it’s doing your skin a whole lot of good. If you have sensitive skin, I suggest you leave the product for only 15 minutes. However, because my skin is kind of problematic, I leave it for around 25-30 minutes.
- After rinsing the product off, I immediately felt a massive difference in the texture of my skin. It became softer and smoother.
- It made my pores smaller and my skin feels tight and almost plump I would say.
- It reduced the redness around my nose which I believe are oils and gunk that loves to sink in there.
- However, it did not remove my blackheads at all. To be fair, my blackheads are like bullet proof. They won’t go away. I’ve tried peel off masks that’s supposed to pull out whiteheads and blackheads but for some annoying reasons, they don’t work for me. So if you have any blackhead removing product to suggest, I would highly appreciate it if you comment it down below.
The instruction says to use once a week but more often for problematic skin. Since my skin is oily and I feel like my skin is a lot more prone to dirt and impurity, I typically use this product 3 times a week. My skin needs something intense once in a while and this mask is perfect for that.
Let me know if you’ve tried this product and what are your thoughts about it. Don’t forget to hit the like and follow button. Thank you so much for reading this post and I hope you guys love my review.
Shopee link to where you can buy this product: https://shopee.ph/user/purchase/order/144878583/?shopid=197121