I’ll be giving you my take on the Ekel Collagen Soothing Gel. Since I turned 24 and had a baby, I noticed that my skin starts to get more mature than before. Juggling between my job, taking care of my son and doing home chores is a stressful daily routine, hence why I think I’m getting premature aging. And thus, I’m on the constant hunt for great beauty products that will somehow help my skin bring back its youth.
When I came across this product online, I immediately dragged it into my cart and purchased it only because it claims to have amazing skin benefits. I’ve been using this product for about two weeks now and I think I have gathered my thoughts about it and I’ll share those with you.
But before we get into the actual product review, I’d like to give you a quick overview of the Ekel Company. Ekel is among the most underrated Korean beauty products brands out there which have amazing and affordable cosmetics products. Ekel face masks and soothing gels are some of the best on the market.
However, I did search high and low for the Ekel website but I can’t find one. So if you are looking for a more in-depth detail about the brand, I do apologize but I can’t give you one.
Now back to the review; let’s start off by knowing the Ekel Collagen Soothing Gel ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Hamamelis Virginia (Witch Hazel) Water, Disodium EDTA, Flavor, Althaea Rose Flower Extract, Collagen, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract
The main featured ingredient of this product is collagen. But what does collagen actually do for the skin? Well, I did my research and here’s what I got.
Collagen Benefits to the Skin:
- Collagen is an essential protein that helps improve skin elasticity.
- Promotes glowing and vibrant skin.
- Improves the appearance of stubborn cellulites.
As we get older, our body’s collagen production decreases; thus, taking supplements and products that contain collagen is vital. Source.
Here is what the product looks like:
- Although it’s a gel, it doesn’t feel thick when applied to the skin.
- It sinks in quickly even if I applied a lot.
- It does have a mild fresh scent but after about five minutes, the scent is gone which I think is great because it doesn’t interfere if I put a perfume on.
- I mainly use this product as an all over body moisturizer.
- No sticky feeling.
- Because of its cooling sensation and non-sticky feel, it is perfect for a humid and sweltering weather condition like what we have here in the Philippines.
- It does the job of moisturizing the skin; so if you don’t want to slather on thick body butters, this one is a great alternative.
- Very affordable and easy to find. Bought mine at Shopee for only 200 pesos. Beware of fakes though.
- The moisturizing power does not last very long. I get a good 6-7 hours and at the end of the day, I notice that my skin is starting to get a little dry again. Granted, I have dry skin.
Overall I rate the product a 7 out of 10.
There you go- that is my Ekel Collagen Soothing Gel review wrapped up. Let me know if you’ll be interested in other Ekel products review and I’ll definitely do that. But that completes this review thanks for reading and have a good time!